Tenants Home Content Insurance

Tenants Home Content Insurance

Why do I need home content insurance?

We do not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one. Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind should the worst happen.

Crystal Home Contents Insurance

Our housing team have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies. Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance is a specialist insurance scheme provided by Thistle Tenant Risks and all tenants living in social and affordable housing are eligible to apply. Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

10 Reasons to choose the Crystal Home Contents insurance

• Apply over the telephone or complete an application form
• No excess (you don’t pay the first part of the claim)
• Covers theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks
• Covers tenants improvements (up to £2000)
• Covers contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £2000)
• Covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible
• Covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen
• You don’t need to have special door or window locks
• All postcodes are included
• Flexible regular Pay‐As‐You‐Go payment options

Who is this policy for?

Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance has been designed to meet the demands and needs of social housing residents looking to purchase home contents insurance and Thistle have approached a single insurer Allianz Insurance plc. The cover is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions contained in the Policy Wording, which you should read carefully.

Based on the information which has been provided to you if you are unsure whether this insurance policy is right for you please contact Thistle Tenant Risks.

How do I get further information?

If you’d like to apply for home contents insurance, you can view premiums, and apply by completing an application form, or by calling Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7286. Alternatively, visit Thistle's website for more information. Prior to completing the application form, please review the Insurance Product Information document. These documents give you important information on your rights and how we deal with you and your insurance and key information regarding the insurance cover. Please note that all Tenant Risks business is arranged on a non‐advised basis. This means that you will be
provided with the key information to be able to make an informed decision on which cover is appropriate for your needs.

Complaints Process

Thistle Insurance Services always aim to get things right first time and they are committed to achieving the highest level of service for our customers. If you feel this hasn’t happened, Thistle Insurance Services would like to hear about it so that they have an opportunity to put things right for you and to improve the service in the future.

If you have a complaint about the sale or service of your insurance policy, call Thistle Insurance Services on 0345 450 7286 or write to: Thistle Tenant Risks, Ground Floor, Southgate House, Southgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 1UB. Alternatively, email Thistle. If you have a complaint relating to your policy, please contact the Allianz Customer Satisfaction Manager using the address at the bottom of this page.

A copy of Thistle Insurance Services complaint’s procedure is available on request.

Was this web page helpful?