Aids and Adaptations to your home

Aids and Adaptations to your home

Do you need some adaptations to make your home life easier?

If you or someone you know or care for needs some adaptations to their home, you can request an assessment.

All works required will need to have an Occupational Therapist’s (OT’s) referral. 

You can request a referral through Cambridgeshire County Council - email or call 03450 455 202. 

Aids and adaptations assessment

An occupational therapist will carry out the aids and adaptations assessment over the phone or by visiting you.  

Some referrals will be passed to our occupational therapist, to complete the assessment.

If you are a leaseholder, your adaptations will usually be dealt with by the Cambridgeshire Home Improvement Agency.

However, you will still need to have an occupational therapist's recommendations through the avenues above.

An OT may visit you at your property to complete an assessment. 
They will provide advice, and may provide equipment and recommendations on adaptations.

Aids and adaptations recommendations

The OT will send their recommendations on suggested adaptations to our Aids and Adaptations Project Manager, who will then arrange the work to be carried out.

Adaptation equipment that an OT can directly order includes:

  • Shower boards
  • toilet frames
  • bed rails
  • minor works adaptations (recommended by an OT) including:
    • grab rails
    • half step
  • major adaptations (recommended by an OT) can include:
    • over bath shower
    • doorway widening.

Major adaptations 

We always discuss the option to move you to a more suitable property before carrying out major adaptations.

Was this web page helpful?