Advice to prevent online fraud
Top tips to prevent online fraud
More and more scams are carried out online. However, there are ways to protect yourself.
- Be wary of unsolicited emails, calls and texts asking you for your personal details or for information about your passwords, logins or other security details. Never give out personal details if you’re not 100% confident about who is asking for them.
- Never click on a link, or open an email attachment, unless you are sure who it is from.
- Choose strong and different passwords.
- Make sure your operating system and security software is kept up to date.
- Be cautious when using public Wi-Fi. It’s fine for general browsing, but not for shopping or banking.
For further support and advice on scams, whether it be rogue traders, romance scams, scam mail, telephone calls, text messages or emails, visit the Citizens Advice website at www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
Was this web page helpful?