Funding for community groups
Community groups raising funds
Some community groups are taking local fund raising into their own hands, using a crowd funding approach, for example the DuxCovid Support in Duxford.
The below short video may be a helpful guide that sets out how to set up a crowdfunding page. It is aimed at people not familiar with the idea of setting up a page of this type. Crowdfunding is one way of creating a small pot of money within a village or town.
Cambridgeshire Coronavirus Community Fund
The Cambridgeshire Coronavirus Community Fund is for constituted community organisations throughout Cambridgeshire which are supporting vulnerable people at this time.
Please also spread the word about the appeal, which you can donate to.
National Lottery’s Awards for All
The National Lottery's Awards for All fund offers up to £10,000 and is open to COVID-19 related projects that:
- support people who are at high risk from COVID-19
- support communities most likely to face challenges because of the COVID-19 lockdown measures
- have the resources, connections, expertise or knowledge to be able to help communities through the pandemic.
Additionally, the fund will be awarded to groups or projects that:
- bring people together and build strong relationships in and across communities
- improve the places and spaces that matter to communities
- help more people to reach their potential, by supporting them at the earliest possible stage.
Persimmon Homes is keenly aware that the charity sector is experiencing particular hardship and, as a result, has asked us to draw attention to the following funding streams:
Persimmon’s Community Champions initiative has run since 2015 and gives away £64,000 every month in single donations up to the value of £1,000. So far over £3.5 million has been donated in the UK. Persimmon has decided that from April 2020 all funding will go directly to groups supporting the over 70s.
The application can be made online.
Persimmon’s Charitable Foundation has committed to relaunching its Building Futures scheme for 2020. As part of its sponsorship of Team GB, Persimmon will donate more than £1 million to support children in sport, health and education.
Local groups within your area which support children are encouraged to apply online.
Was this web page helpful?