Submitting a search application and fees
Land Charges Update 20 January 2017
Following a recent directive from HMRC VAT will be introduced to Local Land Charges with effect from 1January 2017: CON29R and CON29O products will be subject to VAT at the standard rate of 20%. The statutory LLC1 Official Certificate of Search is unaffected by this charge and remains VAT exempt.
Search applications must include the following in order to be accepted for processing:
- A correct and clear address to be searched against
- The correct fee (please see fee scales)
- 2 copies of the LLC1 form
- 2 copies of the CON29R form
- 2 copies of an up to date site or property location plan (relevant parcel of land or property that you require information on must be edged in red) unless a plan has already been deposited with the council by the developers in respect of new developments or unless the property is a Council property. searches - Refund only available if cancellation requested (and agreed by Local Authority) on the day of receipt.
Please Note - The above stated fees are subject to any possible change in VAT status.
Individual CON29O highways search or Highway Boundary Enquiry can be self-served by going directly to Cambridgeshire County Council webpage.
Local Authority Searches have a shelf life of three months; a lot can happen to a property from the date the search was issued to the date of exchange. We have introduced a 'Refresher Search' facility giving you extra peace of mind that the information is up to date.
The refresher search consists of the provision of a replacement and up to date LLC1. We are unable to provide a refresher for the form Con 29R or Con 29O.
A refresher search will be provided only if the following criteria are met:
- A refresher search is only available in relation to full local authority searches submitted directly to us or via NLIS on RESIDENTIAL properties.
- The request is made within six months of the search being undertaken and only one refresher search can be made.
- When the refresher search is requested the original South Cambridgeshire District Council search number must be quoted.
- All details in the refresher search must be exactly the same as the original search and the relevant fee must be paid in full.
- The customer who submitted the original full local authority search makes the request. Please note - requests are not transferable.
Payment & postal details
With effect from 1 February 2016 we will only be accepting electronic payments by debit or credit card and we will no longer be accepting payment by cheque. The debit card has no surcharge payable but payment by credit card attracts a 2.5% surcharge.
Please email the completed LLC1 and Con29 forms to email@example.com
The Council does not provide copies of the LLC1 or CON29 forms, but they are available for purchase from law stationers as paper or on-line versions
Land ownership details and copies of ordnance survey extracts can be obtained by contacting the Peterborough Land Registry.
Search requisitions should be sent to:
South Cambridgeshire District Council
South Cambridgeshire Hall
Cambourne Business Park
- Land Charges Manager - Ian Papworth 01954 713406
- Land Charges Officer - Jo Drake 01954 713064
- Land Charges Officer - Tracey Horner 01954 713065
Fax: 01954 713150
As the statutory sewerage undertaker, Anglian Water Services Ltd. holds the sewer maps as a statutory register. You can process an online request using the Anglian Water Geodesys website.
Photocopying Document Fees
If copies are requested from Land Charges the following fees apply and are payable in advance:
Type of document
Charge per copy
Copies of Planning Decisions Price on application (available free of charge online) Copies of Legal Agreements except Arbury Park Price on application (available free of charge online)
Cambourne - Section 106 dated 20.4.94
Price on application (available free of charge online) Arbury Park - Section 106 dated 14.6.05 Price on application (available free of charge online)
- For copies of Building Regulation Approvals, contact Building Control.
- For copy documents required as a result of a Personal Search, full details of the register entry are required.
- For copy planning decisions the planning decision number and the decision date is required.