Planning open day - free advice and a peek behind the scenes
Come along to our first planning open day to look behind the scenes of our planning service and get advice on how to submit successful planning applications.
This is a joint event with Cambridge City Council. Sessions will be held at The Guildhall in Cambridge from 9am to 12pm and at South Cambridgeshire Hall from 1pm to 5pm.
At South Cambridgeshire Hall, you can take part in:
• drop in clinics - giving free advice from planning officers and building control colleagues. These will be booked on the day on a first come, first served basis
• tours around our planning department to show what we do and what happens to planning applications
• chatting with our planners and taking a look at displays about what's happening in the district - now and in the future, including the new A14 upgrade display van
• a range of talks and seminars
- 1.15pm to 1.30pm - welcome, an Introduction to our planning service and an opportunity to meet our joint planning director
- 1.45pm to 2.05pm - how to make a planning application and get it right
- 2.20pm to 2.40pm - the benefits of pre-application advice
- 2.55pm to 3.15pm - extending your house near trees, what to do
- 3.30pm to 3.50pm - altering or extending a listed building, what you need to think about
- 4.05pm to 4.25pm - what is neighbourhood planning?
- 4.40pm to 5pm - thinking about a career in planning?