We have a statutory duty to make the Local Land Charges Register available in order to facilitate a Personal Search. We also has a duty to provide access to all property information it may hold to enable a third party to answer CON29 enquiries.
With effect from 30th July 2010 the Council will not levy the statutory fee of £22.00 due to a change of the Land Charges Regulations.
For access to the Local Land Charges Register
Monday to Thursday - 10.00 am, 11.00am and 2.00pm by appointment only and Friday - 10.00 am and 11.00 am by appointment only.
You have a choice of:
- A maximum of 6 searches (with no time limit imposed)
- Half an hour slot - no limit to the number of searches carried out. (This time limit includes planning and land charges)
Please note that all registrations prior to the 1st January 2010 are held in manual registers. All registrations made with effect from the 1st January 2010 are held in electronic format and currently only the Land Charges staff are able to access them and will advise the personal searcher if any apply to the property/piece of land that they are searching against.
Whilst we appreciate that delays may occur, we would be grateful if you could adhere to your appointment slot.
Booking appointments for access to the Local Land Charges Register
You can book via telephone on 01954 713064 or 01954 713065 or 01954 713222.
We require the following:
- Full address of the property or land against which the personal search is to be made and details of any extra parcels
- The name of the person or company carrying out the personal search
- A minimum of 24 hours notice when booking
- A minimum of 24 hours notice of a cancellation or alteration to a search appointment
For Highways Queries please contact see the Cambridgeshire County Council website or call 0345 045 5212.
These arrangements will be reviewed regularly.
Any queries regarding the content of a Personal Search will be directed back to the Personal Search Agency or person who carried out the search.