If you are at risk of becoming homeless or are worried about your housing situation, it is important to act as soon as possible.
The Council has a duty to help you to prevent your homelessness and to assist you in staying in your current accommodation or finding other suitable accommodation.
If you think there is a possibility you may become homeless, contact us as soon as possible so that we can:
- Try and prevent your homelessness
- advise you about your housing rights and options
- advise you about what help we can offer you if you become homeless.
For advice and guidance from one of our advisers call us on 03450 450 051 or email email@example.com
If you are homeless as a result of an emergency outside of our normal office hours (after 5.30pm, Monday-Friday), please call 01253 501117.
If needed, you will be offered a follow-up appointment, which may include a home visit where necessary.
You will be asked to provide us with certain information and it is essential that you bring this to your appointment.
Let us know in advance if there is anything you cannot find/provide.
We will provide advice to everyone but unfortunately not everyone will be entitled to help with emergency accommodation or long-term accommodation.
Advice and accommodation
We will need to decide if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness, and:
- Are eligible for assistance
- have a priority need
- did not become homeless intentionally
- have a local connection with the district.
Homelessness Strategy Consultation
We welcome your comments and feedback on the below homelessness strategy. The Homelessness Review sets out the main causes of, and issues relating to, homelessness in the district. From this we have identified our priorities for the next 5 years within the Homelessness Strategy. The consultation is open until the 9th October 2018.
Once you have read the homelessness strategy documents, please fill out our online homelessness strategy review eForm to tell us your feedback. Thank you.
- GOV.UK: Homelessness Reduction Act
- GOV.UK: Emergency Housing if You're Homeless
- GOV.UK: Your Rights to Housing if You're Under 18
- Shelter: Homeless or at Risk
- Shelter: Homelessness Information
- Housing Act 1996 - Part VII
- Homelessness Act 2002
- Housing Benefit (SCDC)