Development affecting conservation areas SPD
What are SPDs?
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) are intended to expand upon policy or provide further detail to policies in adopted Development Plan Documents (DPDs). When adopted, SPDs form part of the Local Development Framework but do not have development plan status and are not subject to independent examination.
What is the Development Affecting Conservation Areas SPD?
The Development Affecting Conservation Areas SPD supports Policy CH/5 of the Development Control Policies Development Plan Document (DPD) and provides further guidance on how national policy in Planning Policy Guidance 15: Planning & the Historic Environment is interpreted in the local context. The guidance applies to new developments and works to existing buildings, as well as demolition of existing structures within conservation areas.
NOTE: Government legislation and policy may have been revised since the Listed Buildings SPD was adopted. References relating to permitted development or the need for planning permission should be clarified using the Government's Planning Portal or with the Planning Duty Officer.
Latest News on the Development Affecting Conservation Areas SPD
The Council adopted the Development Affecting Conservation Areas SPD on 15 January 2009.
The adopted SPD takes account of any representations received during the six-week period of public consultation undertaken in June/July 2008. To see a summary of each representation received and the Council's response to each representation, visit: Cabinet Meeting - 15 January 2009.
- Development Affecting Conservation Areas SPD - Adopted January 2009
- Adoption Statement
- Statement of Consultation
- Final Sustainability Appraisal
- Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
- Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report Addendum
- South Cambridgeshire Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report (January 2006)
- Past Consultations on the Development Affecting Conservation Areas SPD - a link to the Council's consultation website where representations made against the draft SPD can be viewed.
If you would like a further explanation of this SPD, or any other matter relating to the Local Development Framework, please either e-mail the Planning Policy section firstname.lastname@example.org on, or phone (01954) 713183.