Core Strategy Development Plan Document (DPD)
What is the Core Strategy Development Plan Document (DPD)?
The Core Strategy DPD sets out the overall strategy for development in the district, which is to focus growth in the most sustainable locations. It also sets out the number of new homes and amount of employment land required in the district.
Adopted Core Strategy DPD
The Core Strategy DPD was adopted in January 2007:
Core Strategy DPD
The adopted Core Strategy DPD can also be viewed as an interactive document:
Interactive Adopted Core Strategy DPD
Preparation of the Core Strategy DPD
We submitted the Core Strategy DPD to the Secretary of State in January 2006 and examination hearings to test the 'soundness' were held in July 2006.
In October 2006, the Inspectors issued their Inspectors Report concluding that the Core Strategy DPD is 'sound' subject to a number of binding changes being made.
The Core Strategy DPD was formally adopted on 25 January 2007.
A legal challenge on the adopted Core Strategy DPD was made by Countryside Properties Plc. The legal challenge was withdrawn on 20 October 2008.
- Adoption Statement
- Schedule of Adopted Plans and Saved Policies
- Inspectors Report on Core Strategy (October 2006)
- Core Strategy, Development Control Policies DPD and Site Specific Policies DPD Final Environmental / Sustainability Report
- Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Assessment Adoption Statement
- Core Strategy Habitats Directive Assessment