Let's Get South Cambridgeshire Active Grant
As part of the Healthy You Programme we want to reach out to the community to encourage independent physical activity instructors to apply for small grants. This will help fund new health and wellbeing activities or enhance existing activities in South Cambridgeshire.
What is the aim of this funding?
As part of the delivery of Healthy You, South Cambridgeshire District Council wants to help stimulate physical activity programmes across its villages and communities within all age groups and genders. Physical activity is not only good for physical health but mental health too, and it’s known to be a protective factor against many common lifestyle-related illnesses e.g. depression, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, many types of cancer and dementia.
We want to reach out to the community to encourage independent physical activity instructors to apply for small grants to help seed fund new or enhance existing health and wellbeing activities in South Cambridgeshire.
Applicants will need to demonstrate that they have liaised with their Parish Council or Primary Care Network (GP Practice, Social Prescribers) to show a gap in provision in the community, or to show that the programme will address a specific health need.
What are the details of the grant?
- Up to £300 grant to be awarded per programme
- A provider can apply to run more than one programme in a village or across numerous villages
- The grant would cover the cost of venue hire and instructor for up to 6 weeks
- New participants (referred via Healthy You) would be entitled to 4 free sessions on the programmes awarded the grant
- Beyond the initial free sessions participants would be expected to pay a small fee to continue participation. This fee would then turn into a sustainable form of income for the activity provider allowing participants to continue beyond the initial 4 weeks
- South Cambridgeshire District Council would help promote the programme via social media
- As a condition for awarding the grant, the provider would be expected to submit non-confidential participant information
- Participants would be encouraged to complete on-line health questionnaires
Who can apply?
- Any small fitness business/ entrepreneur who can deliver physical activity sessions/ health and wellbeing sessions (must evidence public liability insurance and qualifications and relevant safeguarding if applicable)
- Primary Care Networks
- Community facilities
- Leisure centres/ local gyms
Was this web page helpful?