Micro grants may be available to local voluntary and community sector (VCS) groups, charities and parish councils wishing to improve community safety in their local area of South Cambridgeshire, in line with the Community Safety Partnership's (CSP) objectives.
Please contact South Cambs Communities Safety Partnership for up to date information on current available grants at CommunitySafety@scambs.gov.uk
How to use the microgrants
The Gypsy, Roma & Traveller Cultural Awareness Training is available to parish councils and key community leaders free of charge until January 2022. The grant may be used towards expenses for rolling this training into other areas of your community such as:
- Local school safeguarding leads
- Local shop keepers / business owners that may encounter people from within the encampment so that they are better informed and can perhaps share their knowledge in their discussions with customers
- Local faith groups – many Gypsies and Travellers have a strong Christian and/or Catholic faith. Providing local churches with access to the training would support church leaders in giving spiritual or pastoral advice to visitors
- Local voluntary sector contacts – training for Neighbourhood Watch coordinators and foodbank operators
- Local young people – rolling out the training within a youth club
Access to the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Cultural Awareness Training, is via Me learning UK, for £30 at the following website: Gypsy and Traveller Cultural Awareness - Me Learning
- You may wish to use available funding to pay travel expenses for keynote speakers
- You may want to hold a local GRT event and/or invite GRT history theatre productions such as Crystal's Vardo (run by Friends and Families of Travellers) to present in your local school
- Training for the local parish nurse to link in with the encampment when they arrive
- Administration costs for the creation of accessible pamphlets to share with the group when it arrives
- Rent a Portaloo for the travellers for the duration of the visiting encampment
Was this web page helpful?