A14 Road closures - updated weekly
Updated on Monday 20 May 2019
We have added this information to our website as we feel it is important to residents. This information is provided by Highways England. For further support or to discuss this with somebody, please contact them via the Highways England website.
Construction work on the new A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon scheme is underway. We are currently carrying out a variety of tasks for which we need to close lanes or carriageways on the A1, A14 and some local roads at times, usually overnight between 8 pm and 6 am, unless otherwise stated. A clearly signed diversion route will always be in place for closures.
The below information is supplied by Highways England. You will see the dates, number of nights in brackets, followed by the junctions that closed and a description of the diversions in place. We hope this helps you to plan your routes for the coming week.
Please note that it is sometimes necessary for Highways England to undertake unscheduled closures to undertake emergency repairs.
This newsletter provides you with updates for February to March 2019, in relation to the A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon Improvement Scheme. Contact information for your A14 sections stakeholder manager can be found on the A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon improvement scheme page of our website.
From 8pm to 6am, Monday 20 May to Thursday 23 May (i.e. finishing at 6am on Friday 24 May)
- A14 eastbound between Ellington junction 20 and Brampton Hut junction 21. Vehicles will be diverted east on the A605 then south on the A1(M) to the A605 to re-join the A14 at junction 21. Non motorway traffic will be diverted east at Wooley Hill, then north on Ellington Road and Wooley Road to re-join the A14.
- A14 westbound between Brampton Hut junction 21 and Ellington junction 20. Vehicles will be diverted north on the A1(M) then travel west on the A605 to re-join the A14 at junction 13. Non motorway traffic west at Wooley Road, south on Ellington Road and west at Wooley Hill to re-join the A14.
- A428 eastbound Madingley to A14 eastbound Histon junction 32. Motorway traffic will travel south on the M11, east on A505 and north on A11 to re-join the A14. Non motorway traffic will be diverted on local roads through Cambridge.
- M11 junction 14 exit slip.
- A14 westbound between Six Mile Bottom junction 36 and Girton junction 31. Motorway traffic will travel south on the A11, west on the A505 and then north on the M11. Non motorway traffic will divert on local roads through Cambridge.
Can I see a map of the junction numbers?
Due to customer feedback requesting a map to see the junction numbers, we have created a map plotting the A14 junctions from 15 to 34. This takes you from Keyston to Fen Ditton. Please click on the map to see a larger version.
Development Consent Order to make the A14 a motorway
Was this web page helpful?