Local Energy Advice Partnership
Following an energy services tender process, Green Energy switch have been appointed to deliver free energy advice and services to our tenants and private sector residents within the South Cambs District so we can refer eligible residents to receive vital support in times of need.
We were due to launch on 1 April 2020, along came COVID-19 with its ongoing challenges. Originally set up for energy advisor home visits, this has been adapted in the interim to telephone support services and postal of free energy products.
Local Energy Advice Partnership (LEAP) tackles fuel poverty, offering free advice, energy-saving goodies and even white goods replacement. Offering advice phone calls, and if necessary a short 30 minute follow up visit.
The scheme is free, and funded by the Energy Company Obligation and offers:
- Energy saving/ debt advice.
- Free LED bulbs, radiator panels, draught proofing. (For disabled residents we can come and change lightbulbs and fit other measures)
- Help finding the cheapest tariff, understanding tariffs and meters (saves on average £250)
- Referring for funding for home improvements such as loft insulation (even in rented accommodation we can partially fund improvements)
- HEART Scheme: Free replacement Fridges, freezers, washing machines and electric cookers (if over 9 years old and broken)
- Register residents for Warm Home Discount (£140 off their electricity bill), Social water tariff and Priority Services register.
Please have a read of the Leap energy promotion leaflet and Leap eligibility, it is really broad, so most people are eligible in some way either through benefits, health issues or vulnerability.
How do I refer someone to receive assistance?
Residents can also refer themselves by calling 0800 060 7567
Was this web page helpful?