Nominations for the Community Awards have now closed for 2016/17.
Our Community Awards are a well deserved thank you for the massive contribution made by volunteers to the communities of South Cambridgeshire.
There are six award categories:
- Village Hero – for an outstanding individual’s contributions to community life. Watch videos about last year’s joint-winners, Nick Nicholson from Toft and Kenneth “Sam” Clift from Girton
- Parish Councillor of the Year - for great work carried out by parish councillors, giving their time to improve the local community for everyone
- Outstanding Youth Initiative - for excellent work by youth groups and local businesses to support young people in South Cambridgeshire
- Outstanding Local Service/Amenity - for amazing services provided by local shops, pubs, post offices, libraries, and many more besides
- Environment Award - for the valuable contribution made by groups who seek to improve villages for residents in the long and short term
- Wellbeing Award - for the many groups improving residents’ health and wellbeing, both mental and physical