Engaging with your community
There are a number of ways in which you might choose to engage with the local community, for example holding a public meeting, carrying out a survey or petition, and initiating a discussion at a parish council meeting. The following links offer useful advice:
- Net Zero Now from Cambridge Carbon Footprint- You can view recordings and resources from their recent scheme to help train and support community climate leaders across the district.
- PECT (Peterborough Environment City Trust) - Work to protect and enhance the environment, making a difference now and for the future. They give people the information and support needed to become more involved in their local area
- Do-it website: To advertise volunteering opportunities within your organisation we suggest that you use the do-it website. Once there you will need to sign up your organisation and upload your opportunities. Information on how to do this, can be found on the support section of their website.
- Trustee Finder- A partnership between Small Charities Coalition and Do-it.org where you can post your trustee opportunities for free
- Reach-Connects charities and non-profit organisations with volunteers with specific skills to offer.
- Trustee Bank NCVO members can advertise Trustee roles for free.
- Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service (CCVS) -a registered charity set up to champion and support community and voluntary groups. It promotes volunteering within our District and recognises that funding is one of the most important but most difficult areas for organisations to deal with. In order to help local groups, CCVS has a range of services linked to funding. They can help with Grant applications too. Lots of other free support is available such as how to set up and running voluntary and community groups, GDPR advice, safeguarding information, publicity and lots more. If you are thinking about setting up a green group and are unsure where to start, contact them on 01223 464 696 or by email.
- South Cambs Sustainable Communities Slack group is an online chat room to ask questions, have discussions and share information sharing with others. If you would like to join please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Was this web page helpful?