Solar Together Cambridgeshire
Solar panels are an excellent way to save money on energy bills and cut carbon emissions, and this is why we are working with Cambridgeshire County Council to deliver Solar Together Cambridgeshire, a group-buying scheme to help you purchase high-quality and competitively priced solar panels and battery storage systems for solar panels.
How does it work?
- Registration: you will need to register before 6 October for free and without obligation. To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
- Auction: a supplier ‘auction’ will be held on 6 October, when our approved solar suppliers will bid for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
- Personal recommendation: from 26 October you will be contacted with a personal recommendation, based on the specifications of your roof. This includes your costs and specification of your solar panel installation.
- You decide: the decision is then yours whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You have until 7 December to decide and will be invited to visit an information session.
- Installation: if you accept, the winning supplier will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of May 2021.
How can solar panels benefit you?
- Earn money from your unused solar power. If you don’t use all the energy your panels generate, you can export it to the grid and earn money from it. New regulations mean medium and large energy suppliers have to offer tariffs that pay you for exported energy. This is called the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG).
- Solar panels are a good investment. With your own solar panels you can save on your energy bills and be less reliant on energy suppliers.
- The sun is a clean and unlimited source of energy, unlike finite fossil fuels such as oil, gas and coal.
- Reduce CO2 emissions. With solar panels you contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions and a sustainable future.
Do you already have solar panels installed?
Battery Storage allows you to take control of your energy usage and become less dependent on electricity suppliers. By maximising how much of your self-generated energy you can use at home, you can further reduce your carbon footprint.
To register for storage only simply go to the Solar Together Cambridgeshire website and select the ‘storage only’ registration button.
Was this web page helpful?