Tier 4 and national lockdown restrictions
Cambridgeshire was subject to Tier 4 restrictions from Saturday 26 December before moving into national lockdown from 5 January in response to the new COVID variant. Find out below how that affects businesses in our area.
We are currently taking grant applications for the period from 5 November 2020 to 15 February 2021.
Businesses and self-employed people can also use the government's new coronavirus business support finder tool to quickly and easily determine what financial support is available to them.
Businesses that can and cannot open under national lockdown
The following businesses must close:
- Non-essential retail - these venues can continue to be able to operate click-and-collect and delivery services
- Hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs; with the exception of providing food and drink for takeaway (until 11pm), click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery
- Accommodation such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites, except for specific circumstances
- Leisure centres and indoor gyms, indoor swimming pools, indoor sports courts, indoor fitness and dance studios, indoor riding centres, and indoor climbing walls
- Entertainment venues such as theatres, concert halls, cinemas, museums and galleries, casinos, amusement arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, skating rinks, go-karting venues
- Indoor play and soft play centres
- Personal care facilities
The following businesses can remain open:
- Essential retail such as food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres, building merchants and suppliers of building products and off-licences
- Market stalls selling essential retail
- Petrol stations, automatic (but not manual) car washes, vehicle repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, and taxi and vehicle hire businesses
- Banks, building societies, post offices, short-term loan providers and money transfer businesses
- Funeral directors
- Laundrettes and dry cleaners
- Medical and dental services
- Vets and pet shops
- Agricultural supplies shops
- Mobility and disability support shops
- Outdoor playgrounds
- Outdoor gym, pools, sports courts and facilities
- Golf courses
- Outdoor riding centres
Was this web page helpful?