Reopening businesses toolkit
Five steps for reopening your business safely
- Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment and share the results with employees
- Refer to the relevant sector guidance for your business and ensure you take all reasonable steps to help people work safely from a COVID-19 Secure workplace (or work from home)
- hands: Implement cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- face: Ensure that your employees and customers wear face coverings in line with current legislation
- space: Take all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace and where employees cannot keep 2m apart, ensure at least a 1m distance is maintained and all mitigating actions possible are implemented to manage transmission risk
Business sector guidelines
Whilst South Cambridgeshire District Council aims to keep these business pages updated, the most current guidance for each business sector with regards to working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) can always be found on the Government website.
Businesses yet to reopen
If you have yet to reopen your business, and would like support in doing so, please contact the Reopening the High Streets team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid-19 Business Reopening Survey - SMEs
An important message to businesses from Dr Liz Robin
“As Director of Public Health for Cambridgeshire, I am writing to you at this extraordinary time to ask you to ensure that you are keeping a proper record of staff, customers and visitors who visit your venue.” – Read the full letter here
Other useful links:
Was this web page helpful?