Reopening businesses toolkit
Five steps for reopening your business safely
Businesses permitted to stay open must follow COVID-secure guidelines:
- Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment and share the results with employees
- Refer to the relevant sector guidance for your business and ensure you take all reasonable steps to help people work safely from a COVID-secure workplace (or work from home)
- Hands: Implement cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- Face: Ensure that your employees and customers wear face coverings in line with current legislation
- Space: Take all reasonable steps to maintain a 2 metre distance in the workplace and where employees cannot keep 2 metres apart, ensure at least a 1 metre distance is maintained and all mitigating actions possible are implemented to manage transmission risk
Business sector guidelines
Whilst South Cambridgeshire District Council aims to keep these business pages updated, the most current guidance for each business sector with regards to working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) can always be found on the Government website.
Support for businesses
If you are a small to medium sized business in South Cambridgeshire and would like support related to current restrictions or reopening your business, please contact the Reopening the High Streets team: email@example.com.
An important message to businesses from Dr Liz Robin
“As Director of Public Health for Cambridgeshire, I am writing to you at this extraordinary time to ask you to ensure that you are keeping a proper record of staff, customers and visitors who visit your venue.” – Read the full letter here [PDF]
Other useful links:
Was this web page helpful?