We are proud to be green to our core and we encourage businesses in our region to reduce their carbon and increase their sustainability through recycling, energy saving and water reduction schemes.
The following are available to help you reduce costs and improve the energy efficiency and sustainability of your business:
- Our Climate Emergency Toolkit has lots of advice and guidance to help businesses, communities and individuals reduce their energy use, waste and carbon emissions
- Cambridge Carbon Footprint are running a series of free seminars on using an Environmental Management System (EMS) to support businesses to shift move towards net zero.
- The Carbon Trust can help businesses put cost-saving energy efficiency strategies into practice, with finance and implementation support to make energy efficiency easy.
- Investors in the Environment is a national environmental accreditation scheme. It is designed to help organisations save time and money, reduce their impact on the environment, and get promoted for their green credentials.
- Smart Energy GB is the UK Government-backed campaign for a smarter Britain. They work to help you understand smart meters and their rollout across England, Scotland and Wales.
- Waterwise is an independent, not for profit organisation focused on decreasing water consumption in the UK and building the evidence base for large-scale water efficiency. Provides information and assistance to households, businesses, the media and the government.
- WRAP works to help businesses reap the benefits of reducing waste, developing sustainable products and using resources in an efficient way. They currently focus on the food and drink, hospitality and food service, agriculture, textiles and electrical sectors.
- The Government’s waste and environmental impact pages provide advice and tools to help businesses comply with legislation and regulations.
- We have information about some low carbon grants on our Grants and funding page
Was this web page helpful?