Business networking can provide you with the opportunity to share expertise and knowledge, find suppliers, collaborate, market your business and build new skills.
General business networking
- Cambridgeshire Chamber of Commerce holds free informal networking evenings and training opportunities at a range of venues across the county. They have also launched a Championing Business initiative to create a community of local champions from businesses to help foster individual and collective growth and forge cohesive working partnerships and engagement within local areas.
- Cambridge Network is a cross-sector membership organisation that brings people together - from business and academia - to meet each other and share ideas, encouraging collaboration for greater success.
- Cambridge 100 is one of Cambridge's longest-established business clubs where entrepreneurs, innovators, and professionals come together over quarterly dinners and listen to renowned business leaders.
- At Drive Networking events local successful business owners share their experience of growing a business in an informative environment.
Networking for small businesses
- Members of the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) in Greater Cambridge meet for FSB Connect on the second Tuesday of every month at South Cambridgeshire Hall in Cambourne.
- CamJelly is a casual co-working event, where freelancers, home workers and people running small businesses meet up in order to get out of their normal space, meet some new people and work in a social environment.
Village business networking
- Melbourn Business Association is a vibrant networking group that meet monthly at Sheene Mill in Melbourn.
- Gamlingay Business Hub is a new networking group for businesses in and around Gamlingay. If you would like to find out more contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Histon and Impington Business Network meet at the Geographer café in Histon on the first Thursday of every month to network in a casual and relaxed environment. In addition to their website they also have a Facebook page.
Sector specific networking
- Cambridge Wireless is a leading international network for companies involved in the research, development and application of wireless and mobile, internet, semiconductor and software technologies.
- One Nucleus is a life sciences and healthcare membership organisation based in Cambridge. Their support for businesses includes running at least 15 network meetings each year.
- Cambridge Cleantech is a network organisation supporting the growth of sustainable, ‘clean technology’ companies in the United Kingdom.
Women's business networking
- The Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce Business Women’s Sector brings professional women together to share ideas and experiences in a supportive and welcoming environment.
- Cambridge Women in Business meets monthly in Cambridge.
- Cambridge AWiSE is a regional network for women in science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM) in both industry and academia.
- The Enterprising Women Cambridge Business Club meets to build relationships, learn from others and share experiences.
- The Athena Network is a networking, training and development business club for female executives and entrepreneurs which meets regularly in Wyboston.
- Alternative networking events can be found on the Meetup website.
You can find out about upcoming business events in the Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire area on the websites below.
Business support webinars
South Cambridgeshire District Council is offering a series of workshops that will provide a chance for local businesses to engage with Council services.
Was this web page helpful?