What goes in my green bin?
Items we do take:
- Garden waste, such as grass cuttings and leaves
- untreated wood
- straw and sawdust
- food waste - raw and cooked (meat, fish dairy, fruit and vegetable peelings can be wrapped in newspaper or paper sacks)
- shredded paper (if mixed in with other garden waste)
- used paper tissues and kitchen paper
- cold ashes (if mixed with other garden waste)
- real Christmas trees can be cut up and put in your bin with the lid closed.
Items we don't take:
- Any plastic
- plastic type bags, including bags/sacks and biodegradable/compostable 'plastic' food waste bags
- other domestic waste
- cat or dog waste
- soil, stones or turf
- treated wood (this can be recycled at the household recycling centre)
- extra garden waste cannot be collected
All garden waste is processed by Amey at their site in Waterbeach where it is made into good quality soil improver and used on agricultural land.
Kitchen caddy and paper liners
These can be used for your kitchen food waste and then emptied into your green bin when full.