Currently our bin calendar search does not display collection dates for shared bins within flats. If you need to check when your shared bins are emptied please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03450 450063.
During cold weather the contents of bins can sometimes freeze and become stuck inside the bin, so that it is not possible to fully empty it. Unfortunately it is not possible for us to return to frozen bins because usually the contents remain stuck.
Some useful tips for avoiding frozen bins:
To reduce smells and keep your bins clean:
• Wrap food waste in paper as soon as possible and put in your green bin
• Keep bin lids firmly closed
• If your bin is split or damaged, contact us for a replacement
• use old washing up water or warm water with detergent in it (diluted) to rinse the bin
• If possible, store your bins out of direct sunlight
• Try placing a newspaper at the bottom of your green bin to soak up liquid from food waste
Was this web page helpful?