News release from 17/02/2022
Additional Saturday collection for green bins
The Greater Cambridge Waste Service will be running catch-up green bin collection rounds on Saturday 19 and Saturday 26 February, to collect green bins that couldn’t be collected during the past fortnight due to continued staff shortages (from COVID and a shortage of national HGV drivers and agency staff).
If all the green bins in your street were not emptied during the fortnight (from Monday 7 to Friday 18 February), the councils are asking you to put your green bin out for collection on both Saturdays, until your bin has been emptied.
Green bins will be emptied in the order that they were not collected (please see the list below), so please put your green bin out on both Saturdays, until it is emptied.
It is still not possible to report an individual missed green bin if all the other green bins on your street were emptied. If this causes any issues for individuals, please read our Frequently Asked Questions where you can also find information about support available.
During the weeks commencing Monday 7 and 14 February, due to the reasons mentioned above, we have been unable to empty some green bins in parts of the following areas:
- Monday 7 February: Sawston, Linton, Coleridge and Queen Edith’s
- Tuesday 8 February: Melbourn, Foxton, Shepreth, Abbey, Coleridge, Petersfield and Romsey
- Wednesday 9 February: Comberton, Kingston, Great and Little Eversden, Croydon, Arrington, Castle and Newnham
- Thursday 10 February: Northstowe, Longstanton, Oakington, Willingham, Lolworth, Dry Drayton, Bar Hill and Girton
- Friday 11 February: Waterbeach, Chittering, Horningsea, Fen Ditton, Abbey East Chesterton and King’s Hedges
- Monday 14 February: Horseheath, West Wickham, West Wratting, Weston Colville, Carlton, Teversham, Queen Edith’s and Cherry Hinton
- Tuesday 15 February: Newton, Thriplow, Duxford, Great and Little Chishill, Heydon, Fowlmere, Stapleford and Shelford
- Wednesday 16 February: Orwell, Wimpole, Shingay-cum-Wendy, Abington Pigotts, Bassingbourn, Litlington, Steeple Morden, Market and Newnham
- Thursday 17 February: Cambourne, Knapwell and Boxworth, Arbury and West Chesterton
- (Information about any collections not completed on Friday 18 February will be added here tomorrow)